Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

now that the wrap is nearly tied on......



which is always the tedious part which takes the longest ------------ my mind starts wondering.
I felt the warp fiber for a long time, tied it on, got a feel for it and started thinking of what else I could weave.
At this point my designs always change. Sometimes I try to stay true to my original idea at least when I start to weave, but most of the time this is when the changes take place -----or a truer design which comes from working with the fiber evolves.
I started by looking at different yarns to use and ordered linen paper /yarn to use for the weft.
It will be interesting how it will hold up.
I wonder how long it will be till I determined that some color needs to be added.
Right now it is nice and neutral. But I am always drawn to color.



No comments:

Post a Comment